I'm getting the 'Unable to authenticate error' when integrating with JIRA. What should I do?
The JIRA integration authentication issue can happen due to several reasons. A few quick things to check:
- You have entered the correct JIRA URL, username and password.
- The JIRA credentials used, correspond to a JIRA Admin account.
- The JIRA username field has actual JIRA username, not the JIRA email address.
- If you are using JIRA cloud using G-suite, then make sure that you are using the Atlassian cloud password and not the G-suite Password. This article on Atlassian's site can help you find your Atlassian password: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/API-call-into-Jira-Cloud-using-Gapps/qaq-p/644910
- Check that your JIRA instance is not behind a firewall.
If you are still unable to authenticate, reach out to us at [email protected] and we will help you troubleshoot.